It is arguable that the best luxury cars come from Europe, Germany to be specific. Form the Mercedes Benz to the BMW the Germans have been known to deliver comfort in their automotive exports. The Porsche is no exception.
- Like its predecessors the Boxster and the earlier Caymans this two-seater with a mid-engine location make guarantees performance to the sports car fanatics. The mid-engine technology makes the Cayman an efficient sports car.
- There’s instant throttle response, it likes to rev and it doesn’t sound half bad at wide-open-throttle at all.
- The Cayman has a 275 horsepower from a six cylinder engine, it also has 213 lb-ft of torque. Unlike its predecessors, the Cayman S has a greater engine capacity at 3.4 liters while still maintaining the 6 speed transmission with the option of a dual clutch automatic. The increased engine capacity increases its horsepower to 325 and torque to 273 lb-ft.
- The wheels at 235/40-19 for the front and 265/40-19 for the rear wheels are however larger.
- The electromechanical steering wheel on the Cayman 2014 is very responsive. It is an electric assisted unit and is a shift from the traditional hydraulic system that was often used. The extra weight on the wheel makes it stable to steer and accurate
- The interior has been improved as compared to other models. The seats and dash board areas are leather and the seats are comfortable and supportive.
- Included is a Burmester audio system that delivers a good sound quality and comes fitted from the factory.
- Also included is an inbuilt micro – computer and a Bluetooth system. It has a navigation screen and GPS guidance.
- The automotive is a two-seater, there is also a seat heating unit and a climate control mechanism.
- However, the doors are quite small and would require the user to contort himself further to enter.
The automotive is easy to maneuver due to its improved suspension and the car dynamics. The braking system is well balanced and has been increased in weight. It includes the option of ceramic braking.
- With its limited size, it is not as huge and hefty as other sports cars, it still assures the driver of safety on the road. Porsche safety enhancements purpose to protect the occupants in the event of a car crash. Its chassis (outer body) is made of a steel and aluminum, this makes the cars structure compact and can withstand impact. To keep the occupants safe the automobile is stable and has knee airbags.
Audi TT RS – has a good finish but cannot be compared to the Cayman, this compatriot has a more approachable and upgrades that heighten its performance.
Chevrolet Corvette – this American make is quite hefty as compared to the Cayman. While it is underway for upgrades it could become a worthy match for upgrades make it a worthy match for the littlest Porsche.
Due to its enhanced engine specifications and safety improvements the Porsche Cayman would be a good car to drive even under a provisional driving licence without fear of injury in case of an accident as it is safe.